It’s not that the Omaha area didn’t see its share of the record-setting floodwater that turned neighboring towns to islands and caused, so far, hundreds of millions in damage. It's that Omaha was able to withstand it.
- Lawyer's office shot at after white cop's acquittal in black teen's death
- GoFundMe joins Instagram and other companies in crackdown on anti-vaxxer misinformation
- Flu season moving out of Nebraska as season winds down
- Ask Amy: Mom struggles to keep the sweets in check when grandma is around
- A surprise for Sister Dee: Students, nuns at Mercy High form flash mob set to ABBA's 'Dancing Queen'
Popular on Omaha.com
Longtime Omaha musician and conductor Hal France leads series examining area arts events. Next up: "Indecent" at the Blue Barn Theatre.